HIRING MILITARY SPOUSES
Are you interested in learning about how to reach, recruit and retain Australian Defence Force spouses/partners? Arrange a free initial consultation with Amanda or book a webinar or online meeting for group events by filling out the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Employers around the world are beginning to recognise the many benefits of hiring from the military spouse community. This vastly untapped pool of talent have the skills and attributes which will add value to your organisation. Recruiting from the military spouse community could give your business the edge it needs in a competitive environment.
Military spouse recruiting is “the next frontier,” because corporations are realizing this untapped resource demonstrates flexibility, tenacity and resiliency. – Rachel Book, associate director of global talent attraction and diversity at AT&T via New York Post.
Read more about ADF partners as a workforce solution in this article by Amanda at Defence Connect
Benefits of hiring military spouses:
- Organised, resilient, flexible, adaptable, community-minded, resourceful and team-oriented are just some of the terms used to describe military spouses. Their recognised skills include organising, prioritising, problem solving, cultural awareness, networking, communication, leadership and a strong work ethic.
- Multiple relocations across a variety of states and countries has exposed military spouses to a myriad of people, cultures and work practices from which they develop highly effective interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills in addition to their occupation specific skills.
- The military spouse population is diverse and spouses have a wide range of skills.
- Military spouses are renowned for jumping right in, learning new skills quickly and getting on with the job.
- 300+ US companies can’t be wrong!
Click here to read why military spouses make great employees for the new world of work.